TRANSLATE

Δευτέρα 10 Μαρτίου 2014

Leonard Cohen - A Thousand Kisses Deep

The ponies run, the girls are young / The odds are there to beat / You win a while, and then it's done / Your little winning streak

And summoned now to deal / With your invincible defeat / You live your life as if it's real / A thousand kisses deep



I'm turning tricks, I'm getting fixed / I'm back on boogie street / You lose your grip, and then you slip / Into the masterpiece

And maybe I had miles to drive / And promises to keep / You ditch it all to stay alive / A thousand kisses deep

And sometimes when the night is slow / The wretched and the meek / We gather up our hearts and go / A thousand kisses deep

Confined to sex, we pressed against / The limits of the sea / I saw there were no oceans left / For scavengers like me

I made it to the forward deck / I blessed our remnant fleet / And then consented to be wrecked A thousand kisses deep

I'm turning tricks, I'm getting fixed / I'm back on boogie street / I guess they won't exchange the gifts / That you were meant to keep

And quiet is the thought of you / The file on you complete / Except what we forgot to do / A thousand kisses deep

And sometimes when the night is slow / The wretched and the meek / We gather up our hearts and go / A thousand kisses deep

The ponies run, the girls are young / The odds are there to beat / You win a while, and then it's done / Your little winning streak

And summoned now to deal / With your invincible defeat / You live your life as if it's real / A thousand kisses deep

    
Songwriters: Sharon Terea Robinson, Leonard Cohen

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: